Monday, May 21, 2007

Digital illustrations

Here are a few of my digital illustrations that I have created this past semester from my classes.


These illustrations are based from a Raymond Chandler novel called "The Little Sister".


The first is a still unfinished illustration of a murder scene where the perpretrator murders an informant of Philip Marlowe, the main character of the story, by stabbing him in the neck.



This next one is an illustration of Phillip Marlowe about to get clubbed by a bad guy from behind. I've used a photograph for the background and messed around with the levels a little bit. I wan't to rework this one a lot, maybe change the composition of the piece. I'll make sure to post up any changes I do on this illustration.


I'll post up more illustrations as the week progresses, meanwhile enjoy these two pics and feel free to comment on them. Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your work. You have come a long way. You have always been talented with black and white. It is nice to see color.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alvaro,

These are great....I'm sharing them with co-workers and they think they are awesome.

erica

Anonymous said...

Don't know too much about art/illustration, but now that we have a son, I am beginning to appreciate how important it is in telling a story. Loved the jack and the beanstalk illustrations! Very cool. :-)